Sunday 9 June 2013

Am I a perfect parent for my school going children?


 Bringing up school going children is a big challenge to many parents. Their increased independence, broad friendship and unstable progress in school activities make many parents worry.
Why do children lie to me?
Why do my children get poor marks in lessons?
Why don't my children obey me?
Parents have endless questions about their school going children, like the one suggested above. Can you notice something in common here? All these children are about children; not about parents. When you start to ask questions
about yourself, you can solve many of your problems easily.
Here are the questions:
Do I have lunch or dinner with my children together?
Do I listen to them, when they eagerly share their outside experience?
Do I take them for  walks or a bike rides?
Do I get their help in work around the house such as gardening, cooking and cleaning?
Do I set simple house rule and follow them?
Do I meet their teacher and speak about their progress in their school activities?
Do I help them in their school home work and projects?
Do I have good contact with their school friends?
Do I happily invite their friends for lunch or for a tea?
Do I am particular about their after school activities?
If you can say yes to these questions , then you are really a perfect parent
Why are you expected to these tasks? There are so many reasons for this question:
1. Dinning table is a suitable place to have good communication between family members.
There you should encourage your children to speak about their experiences. Dinning table
is not a suitable place to criticize your children.
2. Always listen to your children when they tell about their outside experience. School
children spend lots of  time outside of the house and they meet so many people than their
parents daily. So they have many things to share with you. If you don't listen to them they
will get frustrated.
3. Nowadays school children spend lots of time with TV or  video games. This is very bad
for them. Going out for a walk or a cycle ride is good for them. If you yourself bring them
out, it  is good for their safety. And you can be a role model for them.
4. Doing some housework is good for your children. So never forget to get help from them.
5. Set simple house rules: Must go to bed at eight o clock; must be at home before 6 o'clock
and must clean their own room are some sample house rules. These rules are not only for
children. They are for you also. If you respect the rules and follow them, your children will
find them interesting and follow them.
6. Just sending them to school is not only your duty. You should have good contact with your
children's class teachers. Help your children in their school home work.
7. Friends are important for school children. If you allow them to come home with your
children you may have chance to observe them whether they are good for your children. You
can make your children happy by respecting their friends.
8. After school program is very important for children. Swimming, dancing, singing and sport
are some of them. Being a club member is also good for school children.
If you feel that you are not doing some of these duties, try to correct yourself. After correcting you
you may feel that bringing up school children is not difficult

No comments:

Post a Comment